Monday 22 March 2021

To Take Or Not To Take Vaccination Part 1

To Take Or Not To Take Vaccination Part 1

I have come across so many arguments in the Christian world about the Covid-19 vaccination. There are two schools of thought that tread on the extreme, putting guilt on either side.

One says that you must a scary cat without trust in Christ to take the vaccination. The other says that you are selfish and do not love your neighbours because you do not want to take it. Both are trying to bring guilt and condemnation.

What does the Bible say?

He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. - Rom 14:6

The principle does not just apply to meat, but also other areas including vaccination. In other words, it is based on conviction (aka conscience).

The only problem lies when one takes it with doubt in his heart. For without faith, it is sin.

But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin. - Rom 14:23

If you shipwreck your conscience, you shipwreck your faith.

...holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith. - 1 Tim 1:19

Whether you take the vaccination or not, you must settle in your heart concerning your conviction and where your faith lies. And please, stop judging one another.

I have my own personal conviction and I will share more in the next post why I personally think it takes more faith for me to take the vaccination. With my personal past history with God, I choose not to take it because I have learnt a principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment