Thursday 16 June 2016

The Mind of Christ

These signs WILL follow those who BELIEVE: ...they WILL lay hands on the sick and the sick WILL recover." (Mark 16:17-18)

1) they WILL lay hands on the sick
'they' refer to 'those who BELIEVE'. In other words, if you believe, you will lay hands on the sick. If you don't believe, you won't lay hands on the sick.

2) and the sick WILL recover
It's a guarantee - 'WILL' recover. If you lay hands on the sick, the sick WILL recover. It's not a matter about how they are going to recover. It's not a matter about how long it takes for them to recover. They WILL recover. (But we should always go after instant healing)

3) These signs WILL follow those who BELIEVE
If the signs don't follow me, it's because I don't believe. Something is wrong with my belief system.

If the sick does not recover when I lay hands on the sick, it has to do with my belief system. What am I believing wrongly?

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. - Romans 12:2

Mark 16:17-18 is the will of God. When I lay hands on the sick, the sick WILL recover. If the sick doesn't recover, it has nothing to do with the will of God. It's because I fail to prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Romans 12:2).

I need to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Renewing my mind is simply changing my belief. What am I believing wrongly that I need to change so that I believe rightly? 

The answer is found in the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:16). We have the mind of Christ --- see what Christ sees and believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment