Monday 20 August 2018

Your Conscience

Last afternoon, I was at my mum-in-grace’s place and my sis-in-grace offered me much herbal and tonic stuff.

Within an hour or so, I had home-made herbal chicken soup, home-made herbal longan drink and home-made bird nest.

Since I was young, I disliked herbal and tonic stuff. I don’t really like the taste. That’s why herbal bah kut teh, not matter how popular the stall is, will always be bad in my eyes. Teo Chew bah kut teh suits me better.

I also learnt from my parents since I was young, that herbal and tonic stuff are usually ‘heaty’ for the body. While some go after herbal and tonic stuff to build up the health of their bodies, I don’t.

Disclaimer: There is nothing wrong to take those stuff. It’s just my personal preference and personal conviction.

While I don’t like these stuff, I decided to drink all of them, because my sis-in-grace has been very kind to me and I didn’t wish to reject her kindness.

My conscience wasn’t doing so good as I was drinking them. The old man said, “Hey, why are you drinking so much of these stuff? Herbal chicken soup, herbal longan drink and bird nest. It’s heaty for your body, you know? Why are you taking so much? It’s not good for your body.”

(By the way, the ‘old man’ is not referring to my father-in-grace or an old man. It refers to the old nature before Christ. It’s the carnal mind.)

Cut the long story short, I felt discomfort with my throat, tongue and body that night. I woke up this morning feeling a tad unwell - throat, tongue and body. I felt chilly.

Now I haven’t felt this for a real long time, since the revelation of divine health. So I knew where the problem was. My conscience. Period.

While partaking the Holy Communion, I took my own sweet time to appreciate the Body and the Blood even though the order of service was already at the offering segment. I thanked Him that the Body removed every effect of sin & curse, and the Blood reversed them all so that I have what He has.

After that, I didn’t know when and how, and every symptom left completely.

And now, I just finished the whole packet of Dorito chips. I think potato chips are healthier than herbal and tonic products.

Your conscience is the benchmark for your faith. The Bible says that if you shipwreck your conscience, you shipwreck your faith. I can’t tell you how many times the conscience thing had given me victory in the area of health, and how some times it landed me in trouble.

Whatever that is received with thanksgiving is good and sanctified. But don’t go beyond your conscience. Either we grow it or we don’t go beyond it. It’s not a method. It’s a revelation. Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment