Saturday 14 March 2015

Interesting - Power of God

There was once when my wife and I met up with a prophet. We got him to pray for my late father-in-law who was struggling with esophagus cancer. We brought him for lunch after prayer. He started prophesying on my wife and I and imparted the fire of the Holy Spirit on us. I could feel the heat on my palm.

When I returned home, as I was doing my devotion, I decided to "play". I do various things in my devotional time when I'm with my loving Father. It is in His presence that there is fullness of joy.

I saw a small spider crawling on the wall in my study room. Stretching out my index finger, I pointed to the spider and shouted, "Fire!" Guess what, the spider immediately dropped dead on my study table. I couldn't explain the peculiarity of this incident, except that I have a humorous Father in heaven.

I have heard of John G Lake, one of the most famous healing revivalists in the 19th century, on how he would point to individuals in an open meeting and lightning bolt would fly out from his finger to hit the individual. The individual would experience the power of God and fly back a distance before hitting the ground unhurt. He explained, "That is the real power of God."

I am hungry for more. Power not for display. Power to BE His witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment