Saturday 28 June 2014

Anywhere, Anytime...

In the recent church camp (June) in Malacca, I told God that I was available to reach out to the Malaysians.

During one of the free and easy segments, a few of us went to the famous chicken rice ball restaurant for lunch. We were also thinking of eating the famous chendol near that area but we didn't know where it was located.

I decided to ask one of the waitresses and she told me to ask her boss. Spoke to the young boss and he gave me the direction. Suddenly (it happens sometimes when I speak without thinking), I just asked him if he had back problem. He was rather surprised and he started sharing about the occasional sharp pain at his lower spine area, especially in the evening after work. Laid hand & prayed for him but he wouldn't be able to tell the difference as there was no pain at that moment. I took the opportunity to share about Jesus with him.

On the following day, I went to the gents and noticed a cleaner who was consistently ensuring that the toilet was clean. After striking a conversation with him, I received a word of knowledge from God concerning his left shoulder.

I touched his left shoulder and said, "Do you have pain here?" He nodded. Laid hand and prayed for him before getting him to test it out. He responded that the pain was totally gone.

As he's a Nepalese who knew little English, I had difficulty communicating the Gospel with him. Nevertheless, I told him, "Jesus loves you. Thank you for keeping the toilet clean for us."

Below is the photo taken with him.


I am reminded that we can reach one person anywhere and anytime. There are plenty of opportunities to sow the seed of the Gospel.

Last year, I was at IDMC conference at Expo. While queuing up at Coffee Beans, I asked God how I could bless the man queuing in front of me. God gave me a word of knowledge concerning the joints around his fingers. When I asked him, he was shocked. He's from Hongkong and he came with his family to Singapore to attend IDMC. Apparently, he had arthritis and the pain affected his fingers.

I got my coffee and went over to his table to pray for him. There was no visible healing (I haven't seen consistent breakthrough for arthritis personally). His daughter happened to sustain a wrist injury. Prayed for her and she felt much better. It was a joy to see God loving them. I was personally touched by His love.

In May this year, I was helping to usher VIP cars to church's car park. As I stood near the entrance of the car park, I noticed a new Indian cleaner helping out with the opening of car gantry. Spoke to him and got to know that he was a new part-time cleaner who only worked on Sunday.

God gave a word of knowledge concerning his right shoulder. I touched his right shoulder and asked him, "There is pain here right?" He said, "Yes." Prayed for him and he was totally healed. Immediately, I shared the Gospel with him. He told me that he believed in Jesus and he would sometimes visit a church when he was in India. As I knew that Hindus believe in more than one gods, I asked him if he believed in other gods other than Jesus. I was right. Jesus was not the only god he believed in. I explained to him that Jesus is the only Way and the only God. While he didn't receive salvation, the Gospel was demonstrated and shared. I'm trusting God to work in his life so that he may come to know Him personally.

Jesus said that the harvest is not just plentiful. The harvest is also white (ready). We got to bring the Good News with us and not leave it in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment