Tuesday 30 April 2024

Guilt? Which Church Are You From?

The waitress who was serving us started crying when word of knowledge and healing was released to her. The manifest presence of God was strongly upon her throughout the conversation. She got completely healed.

She said, "This is my first time ever encountering this." 

Suddenly, she felt guilty and added, "I attend a Christian church but I don't go regularly as I need to work."

My wife replied, "It's not about the church you go to. It's about our relationship with Him."

She nodded and asked, "Which church do you guys go to?"

My wife responded, "It's not about the building. It's really about our relationship ---- you and Him."

Church is not about service or building. You and I are the Church. Let no one cause you to have a guilt trap for missing church services.

If going to sushi restaurants doesn't make you become a sushi, going to church doesn't make you a Christian. 

I read a meme that says, "Going to church just means going to church." Funny but true.

We are still stuck with a religious mindset about services and cellgroup meetings, when what the Bible really means about meeting together in Heb 10:24-25 is koinonia (fellowship).

P.S: With the Gen Z and the Gen Alpha who can easily access plenty of resources (teachings and sermons) on social media, the "attend church on Sundays" teaching is no longer relevant. It is not a timeless truth anyway. Instead, koinonia is what they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment