Monday 26 August 2019

Eating In Faith

There is a difference between eating in faith, eating in fear, eating for fun and eating for indulgence.

When I was in YWAM 11 years ago, my buddy loved to eat chocolate bars. She’s a Caucasian. I asked, “Don’t you get sore throat eating them regularly?” She answered, “No. I don’t. You don’t get sore throat eating chocolates.” That was the first encounter that made me realise that we become what we believe ——- I was taught from young that chocolates cause sore throat. Therefore, I really experienced sore throat eating chocolates when I was growing up. 

What you believe is vital.

I used to eat potato chips only because I like them. But I learnt to eat them in communion when God gave me a new understanding in the Word.

This is where it gets really uncomfortable whenever I shared some crazy testimonies of healing that defy human wisdom and human logic. It’s also one of the reasons why I couldn’t write them in the book as they would create unnecessary offenses.

There is so much about Redemption that I read and mediate about from the Word and believe in. If the Word cannot be applied to poor countries where there is no access to “healthy” food, then the Word is no longer unchanging and immovable, but subjected to cultural and environmental differences. It is only in the developed nations where we have the time and money to think about getting good “organic” food.

If the Law of the Spirit of Life within us cannot crush the law of sin and death in our body, it is no longer divine and supernatural. It becomes a mere concept that feeds our mind, but doesn’t reach our heart.

The Law of the Spirit of Life is so formidable that it can destroy every form in death in the food that you eat.

Disclaimer one: I’m not against eating healthy. Neither am I against anyone on a food diet or health program. I’m just going after Redemption truth.

Disclaimer two: Don’t indulge in what you like. Because we should be masters over our bodies. By the way, I love coffee and chips but I do without them intentionally from time to time without any side effect. They are my slaves yay God 🤣🤣

P.S: This brand of chips is yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment