Friday 11 June 2021

Your Outcome May Not Mean It’s God’s Will

“So my husband telephoned to Mr. Lake, asking him to call. As he was too busy, he sent one of his assistant preachers, who prayed for me. I was relieved, but not entirely healed. Then I had a relapse and it seemed that my end had come.” 

“Mr. Fogwill, who was ministering to me, seeing my desire to live, said, ‘I am going to try to bring Mr. Lake with me this evening.’ That night when I was in the throes of a terrible spasm, Mr. Fogwill and Mr. Lake arrived, laid their holy hands on me and prayed. A soothing calm came over me as they prayed powerfully, rebuking the asthmatic demon in the name of the Lord. 

“Suddenly, something loosed, I could breathe freely. Next the dutching and bubbling at my heart ceased, and today I am here, well. How can I tell it? How can I praise God enough?”

- Healing is the will of God, John G Lake, 20th century

And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. 𝐒𝐨 𝐈 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦.” - Luke 17:14-16

Then Jesus answered and said, “𝐎 t̵h̵e̵y̵ ̵h̵a̵v̵e̵ ̵d̵o̵n̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵i̵r̵ ̵p̵a̵r̵t̵;̵ ̵h̵e̵a̵l̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵i̵n̵v̵o̵l̵v̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵m̵.̵ ̵I̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵u̵p̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵G̵o̵d̵.̵ 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐮𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐦; and the child was cured from that very hour. - Luke 17:17-18

Your outcome does not always mean that it is God's will, even after you have prayed. To know His will, it's not by praying, "God, what is Your will?" For that is a foolish prayer if His will is already written in the Word. Instead, we should pray, "God, I know Your will in the Person of Jesus (Heb 10:9; Heb 1:3). Open the eyes of my understanding to walk in it."

To think that it is God's will just because we have prayed is pure religion that is no different from "Que Sera, Sera".

The more we grow in understanding, the more we can help others.

Your outcome does not determine God’s will. Jesus does.

No comments:

Post a Comment