Wednesday 4 April 2018

A New Level Of Boldness - Part 1

The opposite of fear is not faith. If it is, the Bible would not have these verses:

"Fear not, I AM." (Isa 41:10; Matt 14:27; Jn 6:20)

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of LOVE and of a sound mind." (2 Tim 1:7 emphasis added)

"There is no fear in love; but perfect LOVE casts out fear." (1 Jn 4:18 emphasis added)

God is LOVE (1 Jn 4:8). So "Fear not, I AM" refers to "Fear not, I AM LOVE."

The opposite of fear is not faith. It is LOVE. Only LOVE casts out, expels and drives out every fear. It is knowing that you are loved unconditionally and 'regardlessly', that you have no fear on the consequences which involve torment, punishment and shame.

Before I left full-time church ministry, someone asked me, "What are you going to do? You have a family and there is responsibility." He was referring to a stable income and finances for my family.

I must admit that the first few months were difficult. Especially when your bank account balance reached zero. I have heard many people telling me, "I don't have much money." But in reality, they still have a lump sum. For some, they have set aside a saving account. To touch that account is a NO-NO. So when they say that they don't have money, they EXCLUDE that saving account. I don't know why we Singaporeans behave and think that way. It is a traditional Asian lie that must be crushed, so that our security does not lie in finances, but in Christ alone. For most Singaporean men (I can't speak for all, but I have seen way too many), their security lies in bank account balance, even if Christ is present in their lives.

It was when my bank account reached zero that I grew in revelations of the True Provider who is also my Lovely Father. Knowing in the head and knowing in the heart are two very separate thingy. It was HIS LOVE that blew my fears away. It wasn't my faith.

There was a new level of boldness rising in my spirit as I grew in deeper revelation of His love for me. It spurred me on to make further decisions that would seem humanly ridiculous.

When the storm comes, some shrink back and stay in the comfortable boat; some stop walking on water and begin sinking; some want to quickly return to the boat.

But the best response is to WALK ON WATER. And keep walking. Why? Because the storm has NOTHING TO DO with you walking on water. They are completely two separate elements.

The Greatest Love is calling you to walk on water TOWARDS HIM. If you set your eyes on Him, you will be empowered by His love. You will grow in deeper revelations of His love. And your only response will be BOLDNESS.

When you have nothing to start with, you have nothing to lose. It's when you begin to hoard that you start living in fear.

Love is saying, "Leave the boat that you have lived in - one that is full of security, comfort, financial stability, peace, plenty of accumulated treasures, etc. And don't look back. When storm comes, and especially when storm comes, keep walking on water." #newboldness

No comments:

Post a Comment