Tuesday 7 July 2020

Empowering People

Been pretty busy with real estate work these two weeks. Behind a rental deal are lots of coordination, work, and efforts that people do not see. But these are value-added services provided by us, which are not included in our work scope.

Nevertheless, I do not allow my time with Him to be compromised, even if it means that I have to stop looking at my phone messages because there are so many.

The question at the back of my mind since I re-entered the marketplace is this.... "Are we empowering people to live by Christ or live by people?"

Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the ̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶.̶  mouth of God. - Matt 4:4

The real 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 is revealed in your life when life corners you and people stone you.

"𝐖𝐡𝐨𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠?"

Who do you seek when you are in trouble?
Who do you seek when you are discouraged?
Who do you seek when you have lack in your life?
Who do you seek when you are helpless?

My wife can be my witness that I turn to no one but God Himself when faced with all kinds of issues. Even when faced with financial lack, I did not ask around nor write newsletters asking for "prayer" (in hope for finances).

Disclaimer: I'm not sharing this to condemn anyone. My heart is always on empowering people.

If you don't go through the fiery trials with Him and learn to live by Him, you will always fumble and waver in times of trouble.

David, at the lowest pit of his life, 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐝. (1 Sam 30:6)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞. - Ps 23:4

If He is not our Anchor of hope and the Source of strength, we will never grow unto maturity. Jesus was unshakable, unchanging, unwavering, steadfast and immovable because His eyes were fixed unto His Father.

If we don't start and stay where Jesus had finished, we are finished.

True empowerment is to influence people to go after Christ and lean on Him.

John stood with two of his disciples. And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐦𝐛 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐨𝐝!” The two disciples heard him speak, and 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐬. - Jn 1:35-37

John's disciples left him to follow Jesus. If our followers increase, instead of decrease so that they go after Jesus, we have misplaced empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment