Saturday 18 November 2017

Offence - Is It Identity Issue?

Some truths can appear pretty offensive. But truth is only offensive when we have held onto lies so strongly that the latter becomes our identity.

Example: "If you allow sickness to remain in your body, you are denying the finished works of the Christ." - Curry Blake

This one may hit harder: "Anyone who died because of sickness is because the mind was not renewed in some areas." - Curry Blake

These appear offensive. But it's not offensive to me because I would rather first scrutinise what someone says by comparing with the Word of God, than to quickly brush it aside because of my preconceived beliefs and miss out real truth. It is better to be a truth seeker than an emotional seeker.

I would rather have truth than be offended by truth.

Hosea 4:6 says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." In other words, get knowledge and prevent destruction!

The reason why we get offended is because we are still NOT free from ourselves. If I am not free from me, I will not be free from you, and thus, I will be offended by what you say. It is an identity issue.

Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

If I am already dead, I am free from ALL offences. Truth CANNOT offend me. Truth only offends the devil because it destroys his lies, his nature and his works. So if we still get offended, guess whose side are we really on?

Be free from offence, seek truth and become it. Let our identity be built on truth and not lies. #identity

No comments:

Post a Comment